Getting pain in lower abdomen and shoulder, noticed red spots on nose. What's going on?

I get a pain in my lower right abdomen red spots on my nose and severe pain in my right shoulder
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 27 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at HCM!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Pain in the abdomen and right shoulder is classically found in gall bladder pathologies.
However red spots on nose are not a part of it.

Your description is too small to pinpoint the cause.
I would help me if you could answer a few questions to localize the cause.

Do you have any fever, nausea, vomiting, loose motions?
How is your pain? -site, intensity, quality, duration, aggravating and relieving factors, spread etc.
Does it hurt when you press into the tummy?
Is there any difficulty in urination or defecation (bowel motions)?
Are you on some medicines for it? Or any long term medicines like aspirin?
Does it increase on XXXXXXX breathing? Are you short of breath? Do you have cough, fever?
Do you have any other diseases like diabetes?
Is there any yellow color to the eyes/ urine (jaundice)?

You may need an ultrasound of the abdomen if you have any additional symptoms as I asked.

Would be great to read the answers from you. Then I can tell more precisely what is the cause.

You can take simple pain killer like paracetamol till then for pain.
Take care and thanks!
Follow-up: Getting pain in lower abdomen and shoulder, noticed red spots on nose. What's going on? 17 minutes later
I have no fever etc or jaundice my pain is lower right hand side of abdomen and my right shoulder blade no breathing problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 4 hours later

Thanks for reverting.

I read that there is no fever, jaundice and the pain is lower in the abdomen on right. This makes gall bladder less likely to be the cause.

But I still do not see any other answers requested.

You may need an ultrasound of the abdomen, Xray chest, hemogram.

It is a good idea also to visit your physician and get physically evaluated as you have too many possibilities in the abdomen. Shoulder and nose problems are unexplained without additional information.

I will wait for more data to narrow down the diagnosis.