Getting pain in head. 3-Tesla MRI of brain normal. Should I be concerned?

Nov 2013

My wife's head has been hurting/pounding when she goes from sitting to standing today.
She had a major seizure "gn mal" tongue bit, four weeks ago. Any concern on headache?
Had an MRI (3-Tesla machine) just a few days ago, plus MRIs while in hospital for seizure. All negative.
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I wish to reassure you that your wife's symptoms do not suggest any serious neurological illness.

Also, the fact that a 3-Tesla MRI of brain was normal, is also very reassuring.

Please ensure that she is adequately hydrated (with juices, water, etc) and that she sleeps adequately.

There is no need to worry at present.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist