Getting pain in breast during periods. Having pain in neck and shoulders. Cause? Cure?

Mar 2013

My mom had an operation long back of removing her (Garbha sanchi)Menstrual Cycle. When it was periods time she gets breast pain in initial years of after operation. She used medicine for that. but from last year she is getting the breast pain frequently.
The breast pain is like when feeding the baby. and some times due to that pain she feels the breast as weight to her body. Due to this pain she is getting pain to neck and shoulders. May be I don't know we are assuming that due this breast pain only she is getting additional pains in neck and shoulders.

Please let me know why this pain is occuring? and can she overcome from this pain.

Thanks in advance
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 hours later
Thanks for your query
After hysterectomy, that is removal of the uterus, a female experiences deficiency of certain hormones that can lead to breast pain and discomfort.
She can take gynecologist and have measurement of the hormonal levels done before taking the prescription.
SHe could also be having some form of musculoskeletal problem in the rib cage, due to which she perceives this pain.
Deficiency of calcium and vitamin D level also can cause this, so these levels should be measured.
Please visit a gynecologist for a complete check up and treatment accordingly.
Take care and feel free to discuss further.