Getting needle sensation in legs and arms when coughing. Having balance problem. Any treatment?

When I cough, I get a needle sensation that goes throuhg my legs and arms. Also having problem with balance when I walk and my legs feel heavy at times.
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

As You have bulged L4 and L5 disc , it might compress your spinal nerves resulting in that tingling sensation in your limbs.

This increases during coughing or sometimes forceful sneezing because of increase in pressure in spinal canal during this.

If your symptoms are worrisome consult your doctor and get MRI of spine done, which will help for confirmed diagnosis.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer