Getting neck pain after playing basketball or soccer quite frequently. What could it be?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My son gets neck pain after playing basketball or soccer quite frequently. What could it be? He is 14 and doe slot of sports,including hockey and soccer.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 days later

Neck pain in your son after sports seems to be due to muscle spasm.
He needs regular muscle stretching and strengthening exercises of neck to strengthen the muscle around neck and to relive the spasm.

Give him diet XXXXXXX in calcium and vit d3. Include dairy products and fresh fruits in his diet.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wishing him good health.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.