Getting itchy red spots on skin and shortness of breath. Could it be psoriasis?

Neurologist, Surgical
I want to know what this could be and if the symptoms are related in anyway to some autoimmune disease. I often get red spots on my skin that itch and have white ring around them also I have what seems like psoriasis on my scalp knees and elbows. And shortness of breath. Other than that I'm totally healthy and feel great. I eat a healthy diet. I stay away from gluten and lactose. I have 3 kids and last child is 3 months old. My symptoms went away during pregnancy and all came back after I gave birth.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 1 hour later
Dear Friend,

After going through your history I strongly feel that you may have psoriasis and the fact that it disappeared during pregnancy points to this fact even more because most of the autoimmune diseases disappear or decrease in intensity during the pregnancy.

Red spot with white line and intense itching is classical sign of psoriasis you should urgently see a specialist.

Do let me know if you have further concerns.

Follow-up: Getting itchy red spots on skin and shortness of breath. Could it be psoriasis? 1 hour later
I know that I have psoriasis. My question was why do I have shortness of Breath and the spots w ring around. Is it an allergy from some food or something else. What is my shortness of breath from? It's hard to exercise sometimes because it's hard to breath i can't take In a full breath seems like Its never enough. I had blood work done everything was just perfect. Iron was good too. Where is this shortness of breath coming from? Maybe it's another autoimmune disease... Maybe some nutrient deficiency? Thyroid results were good too. Everything was in normal level.
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 31 minutes later
Dear Friend,

Skin spots also seem to be as a result of psoriasis only. Now as for your shortness of breath patients with autoimmune diseases sometimes have multiple diseases

Kindly get x-ray chest followed by HRCT (High Resolution Computerized Tomography) CHEST, to rule out lung involvement also simultaneously get your cardiac examination done to rule out cardiac cause of breathlessness and get ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY heart also.