Getting infrequent episodes of light headedness, increased heart rate and panic attacks. Any thoughts?

I am a healthy male 49 who has infrequent episodes of discomfort. I can be standing or sitting a get a "sudden rush" resulting in light headedness, increased heart rate, gastric reflux and panic. I have had multiple ecg, stress test including nuclear test within 18 months all clear. Any thoughts
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

As you have stated the reports for the different cardiac studies have revealed normal reports which excludes any cardiac disease. The symptoms in spite of the normal cardiac profile is most likely seems to be anxiety neuritis and panic disorders which can cause and can result from gastric reflux. Further it manifests symptoms like palpitations and increased heart rate along with dizziness. These symptoms come and go.

The condition is treatable with medication like alprazolam and antidepressants. Along with medication regular physical activity is quite helpful in releasing nature anxiolytic substances in body. Involvement in social gatherings and conversations are also helpful

IF you still have some query, feel free to ask.