Getting hot flash with sweating, itching, uncontrollable shivering and teeth chattering. Required treatment?

I had a hot flash with sweating and itching followed by being cold with with uncontrolable shivering and teeth chattering
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later
Hi welcome and thanks for writing in.
It looks you have fever with chills. It has multiple diagnosis like malaria , typhoid and dengue.
You need to consult in emergency room or you need to consult your physician on emergency basis. Few investigations like complete blood counts, widal test or ps for malarial parasites are necessary.
Meanwhile you can take antipyretic like paracetamol and cold cloth soakage of body. It will help to decrease the temperature.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.