Getting hot and cold flashes. Taking wellbutrin and prozac. What is the cause for loss of libido?

My wife is 56 years old takes Wellbutrin and Prozac. She has had no libido for over a year. She
suffers hot and cold flashes. It is difficult to discuss with her, but what can I suggest to her?
Also, she is not on any hormone therapy.

Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 30 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From your statement that you wife is on wellbutrin and prozac, i understand that she is probably getting treated for depression. Loss of libido in this case can occur cause of the following reasons:
1) Depressive symptoms
2) Perimenopauseal period
3) Prozac induced
In all three cases first you should XXXXXXX a psychiatrist.
If her depressive symptoms are not being controlled she should shift to a different anti depressant or take olanzapine along with the antidepressants.
At this age she should tale hormonal replacement. It will surely increase her sex interest aswell.
If it is prozac induced then in that case you should try taking cyproheptidine which can reverse the prozac induced sexual dysfucntion.
All said Viagra although meant for males, increases the female sexual interest and libido as well.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and review it if possible.
In case if you want to discuss with me directly you can use the link:
WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you a good health!