Getting headache, nausea and vomiting. Suspected for migraine and sinosities infection. What to do?

Getting headache on left side of my head since 2 days and having nausea and vomitings also. Yesterday went to neurologist and he suspected that it may be migrain but since I got it first time in my 30years of life, he suggested to do MRI scanning for Brain. MRI scanning done and the report was Brain is normal and there is no problem. In the report, they also mentioned that there is sinosities infection.

Doctor has given some medicine(Augumentin-625)(it's composition is Amoxyllin with some other component) for sinus but the pain still there.

my question is incase if it is sinus, I don't have any cold or sneezings. I am just having headache(left side) nausea and vomitings.

Please suggest what to do. Whether it is migrain pain?

Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Your headache definitely seems to be due to migraine as such types of headache are common in females and generally accompanied by nausea and vomiting.

The finding of sinusitis is incidental but I don't think that your headache is 
due to sinusitis as you are not having any sign of nasal discharge or upper respiratory infection.
Although antibiotics are not required in such situations but since it has been prescribed,you may complete the course.
Your headache shall be all right shortly with the use of medicines prescribed for migraine,although you have not given detail of other medications.

Every person responds differently to the medicines and since this is your first episode,use of pain killers along with medicines for nausea should be enough for you.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Getting headache, nausea and vomiting. Suspected for migraine and sinosities infection. What to do? 17 minutes later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply.

As of now, I am not using any other medications. As our neurologist suggested, I am using NAPROSYN-250mg for pain and antibiotics.

Is this enough to control pain or will you suggest any other medicine please.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 23 minutes later
NAPROSYN  is very good medicine and must continue with it.Take it three times a day.