Getting headache and periodic cramps with spotting after intercourse. HPT negative. Am I pregnant?

hi i am 19 years old and i was supposed to get my period on monday the 31, well i had been down visiting my boyfriend in mississippi and we were busy obviously, but i came home on december 26th and got a very light period which only lasted 1.5 days then went away i thought it was odd because i wasn't supposed to get it yet, could i possibly be pregnant i have had really bad headaches and have been having really bad cramps almost like I'm going to get my period again but i still haven't. the smells of some foods just make me want to throw up, and i have had trouble going poop the last few days. i have taken 3 test and they all say negative, but i just don't know if I'm not testing correctly or whats going on cause i feel like something is up, this is my first pregnancy if i am. can you please help me!!!
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

First of all, do not panic. In the setting of a delayed period, a negative pregnancy test almost certainly means that you are not pregnant. Besides the remote chance of a pregnancy, more likely this represents irregular or absent ovulation. Here is what you need to do / ask for:

1. Make an appointment with an OB/GYN
2. Get a blood pregnancy test
3. If the test is negative, ask about a short course of progesterone to "induce" a period
4. Then get on some form of birth control, not only for birth control, but also to regulate your cycle so you don't have scares like this again!

I hope that this helps. Please ask if you have followup questions.