Getting frequent urination. What is causing this and cure?

frequent urination - I go for urine around 15-20 times in a day. This has been happening from last 12 years even after high level of treatment at Apollo and XXXXXXX hospital. Specialist are not able to find the root cause and finally suggested to be used to of this as nothing came out from the tests conducted and long medication.
Frequent urge of urination irritates me and it affect my life and work. I have to get in night to pass urine 4-5 times.
Your help/suggestion are highly appreciated.

Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 29 hours later

You most probably have a condition called overactive bladder.
This is not a disease - but a condition, fairly common mainly in women (I know you are a man) and is treatable.
Once bladder stone/infection /tumour have been ruled out by ultrasound and urine culture tests, three to six months of treatment with medicines called ANTI-CHOLINERGICS should give you good relief.
If that does not offer substantial benefit, botox injection can be given into the bladder muscle as a last attempt.
Till you XXXXXXX the doc, kindly restrict fluids, coffee, tea after 6 pm which will give significant relief from night time frequency.
KINDLY DISCUSS WITH YOUR DOC ALL THESE ISSUES and decide on the right line of treatment.
Hope this answers your query. Kindly get back for doubts if any.

Wishing you good health,