Getting frequent stool. Feeling dizziness, back pain and noticed mucus in stool. Cause and cure?

General Surgeon
I have murcs in stool.and norrow stools also felling weak for months and having back pains I had a scope could not find anything wrong.and I feel dizzy off and on.and tried and weak all the time
Also I am going to the bathroom more then I night at least 5 times and the day time about 10 times

Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Stools usually contain some amount of mucus.Stools containing large amount of mucus
should be investigated.

As your scope report is normal and as you are going to bathroom frequently,it could be Irritable bowel Syndrome(IBS). Please stop spicy and junk food.

Please take a good Pre and Probiotic capsule for 2 weeks. You would also need an Antibiotic with combination of Levofloxacin with Metronidazole twice daily for 1 week. Please get this prescribed from your local physician. All your symptoms should soon subside.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wish you good health