Getting fluid filled tiny blisters on feet. Using hydrogen peroxide and neosporin on it. What is causing this?

some years ago - not sure how long ...more than 2 years but less than 10 ....I began getting tiny blisters on my left XXXXXXX They were just there - didnt hurt, itch or anything - I am unsure how my health was when they started. At one point one of these tiny blisters grew or rather became filled with fluid. and eventually bursted the fluid was clear like water, just like blisters on feet from shoes only this took much longer to heal and the fluid kinda burned the surrounding skin causing a lesion, as if it was acid. it all eventually did heal and everything was fine for a long time, months maybe over a year, then another blister did the same. most recently two got filled basically at the same time and are now beginning to heal/scarp ... I have been rinsing them with hydrogen peroxide and use neosporin before covering them with sterile gauze for the night. There are some swelling of the leg and foot. I have noticed recently a few similar tiny blisters on my right XXXXXXX .... as I said this began years ago and since then I have had blood tests done which show no diabetes. I developed whopping cough in early december 2011 no longer really coughing, but is still struggling with lack of energy and quickly getting fatigued.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. I will be glad to be of assistance.

Thanks for providing detailed information in your question.

From your description you seem to be having a vesiculobullous disease. This is an autoimmune chronic condition where there are blisters of different sizes on the body. There are many different types of these vesiculobullous disorder. The treatment to control them is intake of oral steroids or immunosuppressives.

I have seen the picture you have attached. Thanks for it. It’s a vesiculobullous disease. However it has to be confirmed with a biopsy. I would recommend that you visit your dermatologist for the same. Also the treatment that I have mentioned has to be taken under your doctor's supervision.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Follow-up: Getting fluid filled tiny blisters on feet. Using hydrogen peroxide and neosporin on it. What is causing this? 2 hours later
I tried google vesiculobullous ... very little information ....what is the cause of it? since my immune system is still weak after having had whopping cough, would immunosuppressives not make that worse? steroids normally make people gain weight, right? at 300+ I cant really afford to gain anything.
These blisters which are a bit hard to see on picture taken with a cellphone ...has nothing to do with lymph system/nodes?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

Thanks for your response.

Vesiculobullous disorders is a general term we use for a number of disorders like pemphigus vulgaris, bullous pemphigoid etc.

These are autoimmune conditions and happen because a person is predisposed to get it. These conditions need to be treated with medications like I mentioned as these medications control the disorder and prevent it from getting severe n spreading.

I understand about the whooping cough and your weight.

However the course of treatment will be decided by your doctor after the biopsy reports. However meanwhile you can mix and apply Neosporin and cortisone cream twice a day on the blisters.

Hope this helps you.

Follow-up: Getting fluid filled tiny blisters on feet. Using hydrogen peroxide and neosporin on it. What is causing this? 4 hours later
I looked up the two you mentioned - pemphigus vulgaris and bullous pemphigoid pictures of the first one doesnt really look like what I have, but the bullous pemphigoid pictures do ... however it doesnt list swelling as a normal symptom, but maybe the swelling is due to something else .... maybe water retention or just the weight .... both my legs/feet are swollen but mostly the left where the big blisters no healing lesions are. So yes I will make an apt with a doctor and try the mixed creams .... now when the two blisters turned sores are healing the whole area there is VERY itching.

From what you are saying - it should be enough to make an appt. not to rush to a hospital ..... thank you .... was worried it might be lymphedema or something
Answered by Dr. Kruti 11 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
In case you are having swelling, as you mention, it will be necessary to seek medical attention as soon as possible. There could be various causes of swelling and it needs to be evaluated by a doctor. It could even be cellulitis which is bacterial infection of the skin. That needs urgent treatment. In the picture, the swelling is not that evident. Hence I recommend that you atleast see your local doctor immediately. The creams will just help in healing individual lesions.
Let me know if I can address any more questions.