Getting fever, feeling tired and mild abdominal pain in lower abdomen after intercourse. Is this normal?

I am 27 Years old. We both Me and My husband are planning for a baby. After the 2 days of intercourse, got fever and was feeling tired continuously for 3 - 4 days after the intercourse. Now am getting mild pain in lower abdominal. Is it normal ? Is it a symptoms of pregnancy?
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 12 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

The abdominal pain and fever is probably not related to the episode of intercourse. It can, however, be related to other things such as:

1. Pregnancy - you should check a pregnancy test
2. Viral gastroenteritis - you might just have a stomach flu
3. A bladder infection - common, and even more common related to intercourse

So, you need a urine test and a pregnancy test - I hope this helps!