Getting feeling of an over clear nostril. Is there any fluid Imbalance? Medication?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hello Doctor
I dont know how to express but ,Recently I am experiencing as if my right nose is over clear compared to left nostril ,some times the word which requires some support from nose tend to be mispronounced , My question to you is, are there any fluid Imbalance in the nose which is making me feel like this? Is there any medicine which I can try ?

Thanks
XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. The feeling of an over clear nostril can result from the lack of resistance required for natural breathing.

2. this is not exactly any fluid imbalance, but may br due to dryness in the nose due to infection, allergy, stress, hormonal changes or side effects of medication.

3. Loss of sensation in the air receptors at the front of the inferior turbinate of the nose may also give the same feeling.

4. First get your nose examined to check for any infection, allergy or early atrophic rhinitis which is a condition which may cause such an empty feeling.

5. Anti-allergics and most medications will worsen any dryness and hence increase the feeling. Hence I recommend only regular plain steam inhalation and saline nasal drops (Nasoclear, Nasomist) till a diagnosis is made.

I hope I have answered your query. Please reply back with the answers and I will be able to help you further.

Regards.

Follow-up: Getting feeling of an over clear nostril. Is there any fluid Imbalance? Medication? 52 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your valuable insight into my condition , I will get in touch with ENT Specialist in my area to check if I have any sort of infection, allergy or early atrophic rhinitis. In Case I require your opinion after my consultation , i will get back to you and reopen the Discussion.

Thanks Once again
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 7 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

1. Direct examination will help diagnose the problem.

2. If you get a nasal endoscopy or a CT scan done, you may share the video and images here for further treatment options.

Regards.