Getting continuous periods. Not cured by trapic 500. What should I do?

I am unmarried and was having normal menstrual cycle until may of this year. I have been having my periods for 10 days continuously this month. The same had happened last month and I was advised to take Trapic 500 tablets to stop them. This month the same happened and on taking the the same tablets ( as per doctor advice) both morning and evening for 3 days has not helped at all. Kindly suggest what I should be doing.
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 33 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

Trapic 500 is given for short period to stop bleeding of any origin as it has anti fibrinolytic property.

In your case, it seems that there is some hormonal imbalance, so you may require hormonal treatment for few cycles. Oral contraceptive pills may be helpful in you.

However, the cause has to be confirmed by getting an ultrasound of the pelvis done.

Please consult a Gynecologist for these.

Meanwhile you may continue Trapic 500 tab for symptomatic relief.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.