Getting continuous headache, have changed spectacles but no help. Underlying cause?

Nov 2013

Hi Doctor,
I am getting continuous headache these days and it lasts long. I am using specs and have changed the specs last week due to this. Still the headache persists.

Earlier days after taking pills, headache subsides. But last 2 days, even after taking pills, it is not subsiding to normal and feels a sensitivity to light headache.

Pls advice.
Thanks and Regards,
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your headaches seem to be related to migraine.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of migraine, and not related to eye sight or spectacles.

In view of more frequent headaches, I would recommend that you use preventive medications, such as flunarizine, beta blockers, Topiramate, etc. These medications would reduce the severity and frequency of headache episodes.

In the meanwhile, you may use rizatriptan or sumatriptan tablets to relieve pain, when severe headache occurs.

If symptoms persist, you may get a brain scan done.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar Md DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad