Getting clear fluid from ear. Should I go to ENT?

ENT Specialist
For the last three days I have had a clear fuild that smells like ear wax draining out of my ears. There is mild discomfort in my left ear. Today the fluid started crusting in my ear. Should I be concerned?
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 1 hour later
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
On the basis the information I appears you have a infection of the outer part of ear canal or in the middle ear. The discharge characterstics are more suggestive of infection in the outer part of ear canal. Clinical examination and otoscopy (examination of ear canal with otoscope) will be helpful in making the diagnosis.
I advise you to consult a ENT surgeon and diagnosis and treatment. This condition can be easily managed with medical treatment.
I hope this answers your concern and feel free to contact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma