Getting buzzing feeling in head. CT scan normal. Could this be a symptom of multiple sclerosis?

Question
I have had a continuous buzzing on the right, upper side of my brain for months. CT-Normal, Thyroid antiboies Normal. It is sometimes so loud it wakes me at night. could this be a symptom of MS? I have 4 living relatives Dx with MS and one passed.
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Multiple Sclerosis

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 11 minutes later

First of all let me tell you that this is not the symptom of MS.

Common presentation of MS are as follows:
- pain, numbness of face, hands, legs, etc.
- weakness of both legs/one side of body etc.
- visual loss, pain in eye
- imbalance while walking
- urinary and bowel dysfunction

The possible causes for the sounds that you have are
1. Tinnitus
2. Auditory hallucination

You can XXXXXXX one ENT specialist and if needed a psychiatrist to resolve this issue.

Hope this suffices. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

best wishes

Follow-up: Getting buzzing feeling in head. CT scan normal. Could this be a symptom of multiple sclerosis? 12 hours later
I read up on both of the answers above and they do not seem to fit my problem. I will seek further medical help. thx

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 56 minutes later
You can be reasonably assured that your symptoms do not sound like those of multiple sclerosis. Do see an ENT specialist.
Best

THX

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 minute later
Thanks

Best wishes