Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting burning sensation on penis tip after ejaculation. What am I suffering from?

Psychiatrist
Question
I am 33 years old married male.
This started happening many years ago, but now it happens more often (about every second ejaculation on average).
After I ejaculate, I get a burning/stinging pain inside my penis near the tip. This makes me need to go to the toilet for a pee(even if I cant), which helps a little. I usually sit on the toilet for about half an hour to get rid of the pain. I'm then left with a mild discomort for another half-hour or so.
Sometimes I don't have this problem for months, and other times it can happen just about every time I ejacutlate.
What may be this problem. What are the test I should undergo. What treatment should I take?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Your case is interesting and but difficult too. There is need to investigate your case to found the cause of problem. Your final treatment will depend of cause of problem.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Urinary tract infection: It is most likely possibility in your case. For that investigation like urine routine/microscopy and culture is needed. Same time there is need to genital tract infection in wife. Infections may present with episodic exacerbation of symptoms.
•     Urinary tract stone: For that you need ultrasound of urogenital tract.
•     Allergy to condom: If problem is associated with use of condom.
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 level. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available.
•     Side effect of substance use: Stop use if present specially alcohol

You mention that you have investigated for std and urinary tract infection. Let me know the test reports findings to help you better.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.