Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting burning sensation in penis with yellow discharge. What to do?

My Penni's burns and it seeps yellow cum out all day long what do I have?
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
The burning sensation of penis with yellow discharge needs medical attention and a detailed evaluation by a urologist. Some of the causes which can be responsible for these symptoms in your case are:
1) Infections of the prostate, bladder, or seminal vesicles and interstitial cystitis (chronic disease of the urinary bladder associated with pain associated with the bladder and pain associated with urination).
2) Gonorrheal infections
3) Urethritis or prostatitis
You need a comprehensive profile of investigations including semen examination, culture, urine culture and examination, PSA levels, STD panel for gonorrhea, swab samples and a cystoscopy if needed to rule out any urethritis.
First you need to see a doctor,get a swab test to confirm the diagnosis.
You will have to take a course of antibiotics.
Refrain from sex until your infection is resolved.
You need to observe good hygiene.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.