Getting blood in stool. What could be the problem?

General Surgeon
Hi i am 28 M from chennai, india, about 110 Kgs, 6 ft tall, I have bleeding (painless) in my stool and even the water in western closet becomes red, This problem i had few times in past 3 to 4 years (like once 6 months), when it happens it will continue for 3 to 4 days, but now its happening for more than 4 days.. i want to check with you this problem, cause and solution
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 35 minutes later
Painless bleeding in stools is commonly caused by haemorrhoids(Piles).
Please confirm this after examination by a surgeon clinically.
If Piles are excluded ,then your large bowel,rectum have to be visualised by colonoscopy.
As you are having this complaint since 3 - 4 years,please go for surgery if haemorrhoids are confirmed.
Take high fibre diet.
Drink plenty of liquids.
Use FAKTU ointment locally if it is available there.
Take PILEX tablets daily.
If you come back after clinical examination,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health