Getting aorta valve replaced. Will smoking marijuana affect this?

My aorta valve will have to be replaced sometime. How does smoking marijuana affect this?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions....

Detailed Answer:

Smoking marijuana has 2 major effects on cardio-vascular system : increasing your heart rate and blood pressure. Both of them have negative impact before and after the operation.

In addition, these 2 effects might precipitate the problems of aorta and would accelerate the timing for the next-operation.

That's why, if I were your caring doctor would advise to stop using it and implement healthy lifestyle and diet habits.

Hope it answered to your inquiry!

p.s. if you have more concern, please write back to me!