Getting allergic reaction to a chocolate. Any suggestion?

Allergist and Immunologist
my sister had an allergy reaction to a chocolate, but the Doctors in our country are a bit careless so we couldn't trust their decision. what should we use?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 10 hours later
Allergic reactions to chocolate could be due to milk, nuts, or wheat sensitivity if there was wheat in the product.
To know exactly what the trigger was, you need to know the ingredients in that particular brand and get tests done to the individual components.

I am not sure what exactly you meant that you couldn't trust their decision; was that to do with specific testing, or specific avoidance advice, or further treatmet or emergency management plan?

I could help you more if you can let me know if this was the first reaction, previous food allergies, any hay fever, or the ingredients in that particular brand.

Best Wishes.
Follow-up: Getting allergic reaction to a chocolate. Any suggestion? 16 hours later
Thank you, and I'm not actually sure how she got it. Regarding the Doctors, well most of them are in it for the money, so they don't really take their job seriously. I will upload her photo, maybe you might have an idea.

Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 8 minutes later
If the photo you uploaded is the lady in question, this does NOT all look like a chocolate allergy.

This is more keeping with recurrent skin abscess, most like due to staphylococcal bacteria. She has been itching slightly as the area is red, but mostly looks like bad folliculitis that has developed into an abscess.

A swab of the area for bacterial c/s would be the first test.
If staph aureus grows, the treatment is anti-staph eradication measures like hand washing, using separate towels, washing them in hot water.
Topical mupirocin cream is advised to apply on the lesions. Flucloxacillin can be added as an antibiotic for seven to ten days.
Chocolate, eggs have high levels of histamine that can cause itching in some people, and appears like chocolate allergy, but usually not the case.
Specific food avoidance is not required unless the allergic reaction is quite clear.

I hope that was helpful.
Best Wishes.