Get restless body syndrome after taking Motrin. Side effect?

When I take Motrin I get restless body syndrome,is this a side effect of motrin?
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

While it is not a common side effect of ibuprofen, 1-3% of patients taking it report "nervousness". I can imagine that this might manifest as the "restless body syndrome" that you are describing. This is especially the case if you strongly associate taking the medication with these symptoms.

I would talk with your doctor about different types of NSAIDs. Perhaps you would do better on Naproxen, but there are others as well.

I hope that this helps and good luck!