Get erection very soon. Want to get back to normal because I'm planning for a baby.

Sexologist
Question
I have some sexual problem. Like i get erection very soon. and i have a wife we were already married since 3 years. we had intercourse long back but now we dont have sexual relationship much. i want to get back to normal and im planning for a baby.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 24 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your query.

From your query, I could understand that you got married 3 years back and now you are suffering from erectile dysfunction.

I would like to know certain details before giving you suggestions

1. What is the frequency of intercourse nowadays?
2. Are you getting proper erection while you do masturbation, if doing?
3. How much time are you able to maintain erection?
4. How much time you get after insertion inside vagina and ejaculation?
5. Are you staying with your wife or she is away?

Kindly reply me with the details.

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY
Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine

Follow-up: Get erection very soon. Want to get back to normal because I'm planning for a baby. 1 hour later
It's been 20-25 days gap in intercourse
yeah em getting errection during masturabation only.. but i get early errection
could not enjoy for long time sex
about 2 minutes times
em not able to insert inside the vagina
my wife is with me always
we are happy couples and we dont have any problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for reverting.
In all likelihood, you are suffering from psychogenic erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Since you are getting a good erection during masturbation, I feel that there is no physical problem causing the erectile dysfunction.
Normally, the penis remains hard enough only for 3-5 minutes inside the vagina, which is the time a woman, takes to reach orgasm.
But foreplay is very important in getting adequate lubrication and getting a good orgasm.
It is better to undergo physical examination and investigations for finding the reason for premature ejaculation.
I would suggest that you consult your physician, who can rule out common causes like diabetes, hypertension, alcohol and tobacco use and atherosclerosis.
Several medications for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction like sildenafil and vardenafil can also be used under your physician’s guidance. However, certain contraindications to these drugs must be ruled out.

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY