Genital skin tag, uncomfortable. Treatment?

Genital Skin Tag?
About a week ago, I noticed a small (per 1/4 inch) growth in my groin area. It was sort of pointy in nature. the base was dark and the top was reddish in color. It is very uncomfortable because it gets irritated when I walk. My own research suggests that it is some sort of genital skin tag, but I'm not sure. Most of the pictures I have seen of genital skin tags seem a bit different. Should I be concerned? Should I have it removed? Will it go away?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for writing in.

this could either be a skin tag/achrochordon or a wart.
Both have a similar presentation but can be easily distinguished by an expert.

can you please upload apic of the growth on the query page using the upload your reports feature. It will give me a better insight into your problem.

I shall then suggest you the best way forward.

Awaiting your response