Gas and bloating. Inner breast hurts, sore upper back and left arm. Can it be acid reflux?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
its been going on for 3 weeks it started with a week of gas and bloating then feels like something stuck on right side of inner breast hurts right under breast bone upper back is sore and now my left arm is sore my docter says its acid reflex but i havent had any regurgitation and it hurts to move around quickly i feel horrible
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

The information you have provided is suggestive of reflux disease and you doctor is right

May be you appear under lot of stress, and stress would aggravate these symptoms

I would be of the opinion that you manage your stress levels first, along with it got for Tab Domperidone and Cap Rabeprazole twice a day for atleast six weeks

Follow these tips and you would feel comfortable :
1] Avoid spicy, fermented meals
2] Do not have heavy meals
3] Avoid smoking and alcohol
4] Wear loose clothes
5] Do not stoop
6] Do not lift heavy weights
7] Raise the head end of your bed
8] If Obese lose weight

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept this reply and rate it

Get Well Soon