Gained weight and feel bloated. Taking Progest cream, luteinum, cimicifuga and Folliniculum. Guide?

Mar 2013
Hello. I am 51 and recently started using Progest cream, luteinum and cimicifuga, in addition to twice monthly Folliniculum, to help with heavy periods (I have a fibroid), bloating, stomach issues, etc. around my period. After 2 cycles, my periods are starting to lighten up, but I seem to have gained weight around my stomach and am very bloated. Could this be related? Thank you so much.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Progest cream contains natural progesterone which is known to cause weight gain and water retention ( experienced by you as bloating ).
Luteinum, cimicifuga and Folliculinum are all homeopathic medications and have no studies in allopathic literature.
Please consult your healthcare provider, if you find the two side effects intolerable, as they are definitely associated with local progesterone use, albeit to a lesser extent than if you were taking systemic ( oral or injectable ) progesterone.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Gained weight and feel bloated. Taking Progest cream, luteinum, cimicifuga and Folliniculum. Guide? 12 minutes later
Thank you so much. I may stop the Progest cream and continue with the homeopathic remedies, and will discuss with my DO. Have a great day (-:
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
I would ask you to stop nothing cold XXXXXXX but only after consulting with your DO.
Have a great day too.
Was nice interacting with you.