Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequently passing urine. Having stomach cramps. Cure?

Jul 2016

passing urine far too much also stomach cramps like` lock`ed wind intermittedly
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have increased frequency of urination with pain in abdomen..I shall be happy if you can post few more details to help me to make comments on your problem
1) Are you Diabetic ?
2) Do you have burning while passing urine.?
3) Do you have fever occasionally, suggesting UTI.?
4) Are you taking any medications .?
5) Have you done routine urine test to rule out UTI ?

In majority of females at post menopausal age the cause of increased frequency of urination is due to incomplete emptying of bladder secondary due to Urethral Stenosis. This is part of ageing process where entire genito urinary system (Organs) undergoes changes of atrophy resulting in narrowing of urethral passage( Urethra) and thereby incomplete emptying of bladder leading to frequent urination .

However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination and endoscopic evaluation of the Bladder.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and cystoscopic examination.He may calibrate your urethra simultaneously while doing Cystoscopy.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.