Frequent urination with burning sensation. Took azo and monistat. UTI or yeast infection?

Hello... would you be able to help me find out what is wrong with me?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later

Thanks for asking.

Urinary tract infections are a fairly common group of diseases presenting in females more commonly than the males.

As you have already taken azithromycin without any benefit, I will advise you to go for urine complete examination along with urine culture.

You may be infected by a type of bacteria which is not sensitive to azithromycin so may need another antibiotic for a longer period to eradicate the infection.

Also get your sugar levels checked as the urinary tract infections are very common in diabetes.

I am happy to take follow-up questions if needed.