Frequent urge for urination, pain in testicle and groin area. Urine test normal and no lumps

Hi there,
After going to the toilet i keep getting the urge to go again.
it seems to happen more when i sit down, it feels as if i may pass urine which is out of my control, sometimes when i go to the toilet there is a slight trace of urine in my underwear.
Every time i do again i have do pass urine sometimes not a lot.
I have also had pain in my left testicle area which radiates down my leg sometimes, also had a pain in my groin area at the top of my right leg
Have had a urine test done which was clear and have been checked for lumps which was clear.
Any ideas Doctor?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 5 hours later

From your symptoms and clear urine examination, there is an important possibility that this is due to inflammation of prostate causing prostatitis. The typical symptoms of prostatitis are fever, pelvic, testicle, or rectal pain, frequent and painful urination and ejaculation and incomplete emptying of bladder. It is also possible that sitting on an inadequately padded surface or for prolonged periods of time is causing transient irritation to the prostate. This could be appearing as the pain in the testicle area.

Secondly for this type of pain radiating down the leg, any nerve compression can be possible which should be ruled out by means of a nerve conduction velocity test.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from a urologist. He will physically examine you and do a per rectal examination to check the status of prostate. He will also get your PSA (prostate specific antigen) levels and a urine routine and urine culture along with urethral swabs done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.