Frequent sharp pains in the breast. What are the causes?

I have a sharp pain in my left breast that comes and goes and at the exact same moment one in my left middle XXXXXXX simultaneously..
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 1 hour later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

I don't think the both the symptoms are related. I feel it is your subjective feeling.

It will be great if you mention when the pain in the XXXXXXX occurs like while walking or doing some particular movement, history of injury like bumping XXXXXXX on to any hard object.

If it occurs during walking or on standing i think it might be due to your weight. I advice you to reduce it by dietary changes and regular exercises will help. Reducing weight will also be helpful for your high blood pressure.

I would like to know whether the breast pain appears all the time or after doing any particular movement, any history of injury, whether there is any redness or discharge from nipple, tender to touch and the duration of this pain any other related information will be helpful.

I think it might be Non-cyclic breast pain it usually occurs only in one breast. You may feel pain only in a specific area of your breast. Non-cyclic breast pain is characterized by a burning or sore kind of pain. Non-cyclic breast pain tends to affect women who are in their forties or fifties.

Or it might be Extra-mammary breast pain it occurs from a cause other than the breast, such as muscles in the chest wall, but you may feel as though it is originating in the breast.

Most of the breast pain resolves on its own. I advice you to wear a firm, supportive bra. Try using ice pack compresses to relieve pain. Avoid situations that can cause stress and anxiety in you. Avoid beverages and foods that contain Caffeine. Cutting back on Caffeine can provide relief. Limit salt intake it is also beneficial for High BP.
Eat a healthy well-balanced diet. Avoid foods that are XXXXXXX in fat.     Over the counter analgesic can also be considered depending on the situation.

If the pain persists or the severity increases or associated with any lump i advice you to consult physician for examination.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer