Frequent masturbation,high libido,fatigue,anxiety

Question
Sir, Actually I'm addicted to masturbation daily 6-7 times from last 7 years approx. Now a days I'm feeling very very weak type, I can't concentrate on my job or any thing, I just think of SEX, SEX & SEX... Please help me sir... I'm dying... o
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 10 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern for these symptoms.

There is no fixed rule that you should masturbate only up to some times per day or week. Frequency of masturbation depends on many factors like a person’s sexual tension, hormone levels influencing sexual arousal which are usually more in young age, sexual habits, culture in which that person is residing and general health.

At a younger age people usually have more sex drive and their frequency of masturbation is maximum. You can indulge in this activity as long as it is pleasurable and you have the drive for it. It shouldn’t cause any pain or discomfort.

What you are experiencing now is the feeling of guilt about how often you masturbate. If you are doing excessive masturbation, then you have to decrease the frequency. You cannot stop masturbation totally because it is not a permanent solution.

For this purpose:

1) First of all find out the cause of excessive masturbation. It could be because you are bored, lonely, hurt, stressed, or it could be because of pains from the past.

2) Identify the time when you indulge in masturbation frequently. If supposing it is at night then exercise just before going to bed. Exercise will also help you to be more tired and fall asleep faster.

3) Try to identify and focus on activities that make you feel better. Motivate yourself to do things for yourself.

4) Talk with your friends and family and join a gym along with your friends so that you spend maximum time outside where you cannot indulge in masturbation.

5) Regular exercise and proper diet are essential to good health. Exercise is of paramount importance because it releases endorphins from the body.

6) Join yoga and meditation classes to keep your mind calm and relaxed.

Unfortunately there is no medicine or device to stop excessive masturbation or thinking about sex and the above mentioned lifestyle techniques will help you in dealing with excessive masturbation and your thoughts.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Regards.