Four month old having diarrhea. Cure?

Hi, My baby is four months old. He is having diarrhea now... What may be the reason for this? How shall I cure it?
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 22 minutes later
Diarrhea in 4 month old are due to many causes. common are mentioned below:
1. bottle feeding
2. change of feed/formula
3. putting fingers and objects in mouth
4.infection from mother or caretaker
Such issues are often related to either sweeter feeds or infection. infections are caused by different microbes like say bacteria or viruses.
In summer, they are most likely to have bacterial infections which are likely say dysentery.
Seriousness is decided by fever,frequency of motions, refusal to feed, vomiting, lethargy, reduced urine frequency, and amount of water in stools.

Treatment is dependent on pattern, frequency and seriousness of loose motions. Please detail further as per above parameters to give a closer explanation.

its very important to understand that in cases of infants and children, its very difficult for parents to understand what may be happening with child; hence its better that you do take the child to emergency department in case you are uncomfortable with symptoms.

I hope this addresses your concerns. feel free to ask any further doubts.
Thank you.