Found swollen lymph node in throat, back of neck and supraclavicular area. Looking for proper diagnosis

I've posted about my swollen lymph nodes before but I actually went to an ENT today to have them evaluated. I have very bad health anxiety so every little thing is a HUGE deal to me and I have problems accepting that nothing is wrong (I know, it's crazy!)

Anyway, the doctor was very very good and he felt the lymph node by my throat that has been there for 2 months. He actually laughed and asked me how I found it since it wasn't very big (I told him I had been looking for swollen lymph nodes!). He said it's less than a cm, moveable, and doesn't feel that it's clinically significant and sees no reason to worry, although he had no answer as to WHY the lymph node was swollen, either.

Also I have a swollen lymph node in my supraclavicular area which is small, rubbery, easily moveable, etc. And one on each side toward the back of my neck that felt the same way.

Again he said these were not clinicially significant, and feels that I am just fine, nothing is wrong. He said he would give me a CT scan if it would make me feel better and if I promised that once the results came back that nothing was wrong that I would stop touching the lymph nodes, and stop looking for them!

He reiterated that he did not think it was neccessary for a CT scan and he didn't see any warning signs but would to put my mind at ease.

I want to go ahead w/ the CT scan but wanted a second opinion. Thanks!
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 days later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
You should trust the doctor, he is very right in saying that it bears no significance!
A lymph node is a normal body tissue and is the watch dog for preventing the infections from spreading beyond their boundaries and get enlarged mostly in response to infections, TB and cancers.
Upto 1 centimeter size is mostly normal.
If they are painful, hard and more than 1cm and at multiple sites then they are important.
You can have a CT Scan or more specifically you can get an FNAC sample and get histopatology report of it.
If normal forget all and relax!
I hope that the advise would be helpful for you.