Ask a Urologist   »  

Found red spots on penis. Gets wet with foul smell after rubbing it. Any cure?

HI My name is XXXXXXX based out of Bangalore working for XXXXXXX
My question is i have some red spot surrounding my penis area from yesterday and when i rub my hand it becomes wet with foul smell and i went to an Ayurdeda doctor for general consulting he said some main nerve below my penis is ruptured due to masturbation and it is very difficult to heal.Is there a way to identify this problem.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 9 minutes later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX ........
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the symptoms related to your genitalia. I would first of all clarify to you that masturbation does not rupture any nerve/blood vessel. There is a layer called "smegma", a type of secretion in between your foreskin and penis. To me it appears that the smegma is infected currently resulting in foul smell and excess secretion. All you have to do is to retract your foreskin wash with plain water and then consult a general physician in person to write down appropriate antibiotics after inspecting and examining the genital region. There is absolutely nothing to worry. Do clarify anything else you may wish to. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Specialist-Psychosexual disorders
Follow-up: Found red spots on penis. Gets wet with foul smell after rubbing it. Any cure? 20 minutes later
what is the meaining for retracting the foreskin and will this problem permanently heal?
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 6 minutes later
Retracting foreskin and cleaning is just to reduce secretions and make you a bit comfortable. That will not cure you. Foreskin is the piece of skin over the front portion of your penis (glans penis) that you can pull back (the part that is circumcised in some communities). You would require both topical (i.e creams) antibiotics and oral antibiotics to cure the infection. Quadriderm cream is betamethasone, a steroid cream which should have been avoided suspecting infection (since it may have worsened your infection). Hope you have clarified your doubts.
Dr Sundar