Found presence of hypoechoic mass at the posterior myometrium. Is there any serious concern?

May 2013
Is there any serious concern in regards to presence of two hypoechoic mass like located at the posterior myometrium, measuring 1.9x1.1x1.5 cm and 2.0x1.5x1.9 cm. Minor sharp kind like pain occurs mostly between the cycle .Thank you.
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

According to your scan findings the hypoechoic masses can be fibroids.
The treatment depends on size of the fibroids, location of the fibroids, symptoms etc.
According to the number and size of the fibroids it is not a very serious problem.
But though the sizes of the fibroids are small, as you are having symptoms like pain abdomen better to get treated.
The treatment options range from medical to surgical treatments.
As you are having small sized minimally symptomatic fibroids you can go for medical treatment first with your doctor's advice, which can relieve your symptoms and can decrease the size of fibroids.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.