Found ovarian cysts and possible swollen lymph nodes in stomach. Gastritis related to ovarian cysts?

Mar 2013
Have ovarian cysts with great pain. Went to ER earlier this week because of chest pain and diagnosed w gastritis. Pain in abdomin became severe last night and went back to ER. They found a new ovarian cyst and "possible swollen lymph nodes in stomach" Go back to GYNO surgeon on Tuesday. But, wondering if the gastritis and/or swollen lymph nodes are related to the ovarian cysts? Are these cancer symptoms?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 hours later
You would need to provide me further details of the previous ovarian cyst that was removed a month back.
Also the details of the new cyst.
By details - i mean size, shape ,ultrasound findings, mode of removal, biopsy results of the one removed earlier .
Please write back with further details.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Follow-up: Found ovarian cysts and possible swollen lymph nodes in stomach. Gastritis related to ovarian cysts? 12 hours later
The previous cyst was pear shaped and 5 cm, I believe. It was taken out by laproscopy and the biopsy results were negative (benign).

The current one on the same right ovary is about 3cm and the new one on left is 2cm as of 2 days ago.

That's all the info I have. I know you can't tell me anything for sure but since uteran cancer runs on my mothers side I'm wondering if I'm showing symptoms of cancer, what tests I should have done, if their is a link between the swollen lymph nodes and cysts and if I should consider A hysterectomy?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Well your previous cyst was benign.
The current ones, going by sheer size, do not SEEM to be malignant.
There are various aspects to ovarian cysts - features on ultrasound, whether they are clear cysts or complex ones, whether they have any ultrasound features of malignancy etc.
Of course, only biopsy would be confirmatory, however, even removal is not indicated for such sized cysts.
Sometimes they are just harmless follicular cysts which disappear after a month or two.
Follow up is necessary, unless they are complex cysts, on ultrasounds - I dont have those details.
I would not associate the nodes and the cysts, unless malignancy is proven somewhere.
Please do not panic unnecessarily.
"possible swollen lymph nodes in stomach" in itself is a vague term, and requires further elaboration.
i would choose to reassure you, till your gynecologist has a look at you.
All the best.