Found lumps above groin. Painful, heat and cold packs with ibuprofen doesn't help. Had scar tissue from appendectomy

I have found two lumps right above my groin . They are painful. heat or cold packs do not help. It hurts to set in a chair. I have old scare tissue from 1965 appendectomy with small drain tube. No fever. Ibuprofen 600mg twice daily is not helping. This is about one month in the making
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly answer few questions to come to a diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

I will be better able to help, if I have some more information. Can you please answer few questions to come to a diagnosis:
1)Is it present on both sides of groin?
2)What is the size of swelling?
3)Does it decrease on lying down position? or increase on walking or doing heavy work?
4)Do you have fever? is there any redness on that swelling area?
Have you undergone any scan?

Waiting for your reply
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile