Found lump in breast. More than cm. Should I go for surgery?

Is it correct to go for a surgery when its found that there is a lump in the breast more than 2 cm in size.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 1 hour later

Breast lump has many reasons. Since you HAVE NOT GIVEN ANY PARTICULARS ABOUT YOURSELF and did not disclose the nature of the breast lump. I cannot say if it is correct to go for surgery.
This lump can be benign or malignant. If the lump is non-tender does not have any relation with your menstruation and is not caused after suckling, and the lump is showing calcification in mamogram we should look at it with suspicion and get it removed for histological examination. If histologically it is negative for malignancy, you will get cosmetic benefit. If proved otherwise it can be treated at right time for early cure.

Dr. j. Ticku