Found large bump on shoulder and armpit area. Easy way to remove this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
My cousin has two large hard bumps on shoulder/ armpit area. They haven't gone away for two to three months. She also has one under breasts in middle of chest. She hasn't gone to doc because no health insurance. Any ideas?? Please
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 5 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I went through the picture.

The bumps are looking like papuloerythematous lesions arising from the skin.

The causes for this bumps may be fungal infections, or mixed infections with bacteria and fungi, or some times contact dermatitis.

But physical examination by a Dermatologist is required to diagnose this skin condition accurately and the definitive treatment depends on the diagnosis.

These skin bumps can be treated by local applications of ointments containing antifungal, antibacterial, and steroid components to decrease the inflammation and infection.

Therefore I advise your cousin to consult the Dermatologist for the examination of the skin bumps and their treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Regards.

Follow-up: Found large bump on shoulder and armpit area. Easy way to remove this? 13 hours later
Okay great. Thanks. Is there an over the counter cream she can purchase that has all these combined?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 9 hours later

You are welcome,

And thank you for getting back.

The combination is a prescribed medication as it contains antifungal, steroid, and antibiotic.

At the same time the accurate diagnosis of skin conditions is made by the direct physical examination by a doctor and the definitive treatment depends on the exact diagnosis.

Therefore I advise her to consult a Dermatologist for the examination of the skin bumps and their treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.