Found knot on stomach, felt faint and started sweating. What is going on?

General Surgeon
it starts with a knot in my stomach and then i sweat very badley and feel faint
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can appear due to heart attack, peptic ulcer, gallstones, pancreas disease, intestines isheamia. It can be also a symptom of blood pressure drop or low sugar level.
With peptic ulcer or gallstones, the pain appears after a meal and can radiated to the back. Heart attack(or heart ischemia) can appear during some physical activity, the pain can radiate to the left arm or left jaw.
I suggest you to have some diagnostics. You should start with heart ECG, blood pressure check and glucose level check. Full blood work with liver and pancreas tests is also advisable as well as abdominal ultrasound.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.