Found ecoli infection in blood. Urine analysis done. What does the values mean?

I am 39 years old and was hospitalized with sepsis from an e coli infection in my blood about a month ago. Drs. said it originated in my kidneys. I just got follow up urinalysis results back and it said the following:
U. Leuk     1+     
Ur. Micro     See Below          
U. WBC     5-10
Yeast     1+          
Bacteria     2+          
Epi     15-20     

My WBC count was slightly elevated in my blood as well.
What do these indicate?
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
Welcome! I would be pleased to answer your question .

These indicate that there is mild infection present as a few white blood cells bacteria are still present . But it is not a very significant infection for which you need to take antibiotics.

You can drink unto 3 to 4 litres of water a day and that will help removing the infection .
you can also take Vitamin C in chewable form daily at night .

Thanks and Take care
Follow-up: Found ecoli infection in blood. Urine analysis done. What does the values mean? 6 minutes later
Given that I got sepsis and was hospitalized with 105+ fever, very low blood pressure, a high pulse, and moving in and out of consciousness, my concern is that this is related. Could it be a sign of infection in my kidneys -- which may have been damaged by septic shock? As a dermatologist, are you confident that you know enough about this to answer confidently?
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 5 minutes later
Thanks for the reply posted .

I would have been worried if there were 50 to 100 white blood cells or leucocytes in the urine .

but since you have just 5 to 10 WBC i wouldn't relate it at all to the sepsis .

Secondly < Again I would have been worried if the urine was cloudy and you had Bacterial count very high .

since you have also mentioned that you have only a slightly raised WBC count in blood . I would suggest that you should drink a lot of water to remove the mild infection in the urine that you have acquired.

Thanks and Take care