Found blood in cough. Diagnosed with lung cancer. Taking pause 500. Looking for proper diagnosis

Oncologist, Surgical
Dear Sir
My father 65 yrs old, he don't somke or any oher bad medical history. from last 2.5 months some blood cloat coming with cough 7-8 times in a day,there is no other proublem.We check with doctor at first he thought it's a T.B.but after CT scan and FNAC it's confrimed that it LC.
After we go to the specialist and he ask for 4-5 tips of test, Like CT guided Biopsy,Whole Body PET-Ct. All report attached. From PET CT report and Images doctor advice Aspiration Cytology of pleural fluid,But the technician not able to take the fluid from the area as the fluid is so little that they can't take it through niddle.I informed the same to Doctor and he said O K take a BRAIN MRI test and if the report is O k than contact with Cardiothoraic Surgeon for the opinion of operability.
Now I want to take a Second opinion from you regarding my father's case as from last 2.5 months We are going through test's and no medicine except Pause 500 (6 times in a day.) Is there any other way to save my father.Pls advice
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and uploading the reports. I have seen them.

It appears that your father has lung cancer. Also, it appears that his evaluation is appropriate. If there are no metastasis (spread elsewhere), surgery could be considered. Your doctor is the correct person for that decision.

If inoperable, he would require radiation and chemotherapy.

Please be in touch with your doctor for this decision.

Hope I have answered your specific queries. Let me know if you have more concerns.