Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin left rolled back after frenuloplasty. Should be trying to bring foreskin forward?

I had a frenuloplasty 72hrs ago and the foreskin was left rolled back with a dressing applied. As instructed, the dressing came off after about 36hrs. The foreskin has remained rolled back and there is a little puffiness around the area but i expect that is normal. My question is whether i should be trying to bring the foreskin forwards (and risk stretching the stitches) or just let things take their course.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 20 hours later
Hi ,

It has been 72 hrs since you last had a surgery, so the puffiness and similar changes like redness, minimal discharge, bleeding are expected to be present.

It is not a good thing to bring the foreskin forwards or do anything with the stitches, the stitches are meant to fall off in a week or so by themselves. I would suggest you to wait for a few more days for the stitches to fall and then go about with bringing the skin forwards

I would be available to answer your follow up queries as well.

Wish you good health.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.