Foreskin has become inflamed or infected. Applied derm aid. What next?

My skin under my foreskin has recently became inflamed or infected.

I got desperate to want to cure it and used derm aid(hydrocortisone 1%) on it. It seems t
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 days later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The hydrocortisone is not a drug for infections so you must stop using it.
The infection in the prepuce of penis can be due to STI if you had an unprotected sex recently.
It can be a result of deposited preputial secretions called smegma, which get infected if not cleaned frequently.
You should wash the organ with soap water and apply betadine lotion twice a day.
You can get cream Tenovate-GM/Betnovate-GM to be applied twice a day 6 hours after Betadine application.
The problem should resolve in 5-7days completely.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!