Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin attached with penis head and getting pain while pulling back. What should I do?

m XXXXXX and i am 27 years old. my foreskin is still attached with my penis head and my penis head oe not come out. it pains a lot when i pull my foreski back. suggest me what should i do?
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 33 minutes later

Based on the description provided about the problem you have, I suspect you to have Phimosis. It is a condition where in the foreskin is found attached to the glans rendering it unretractable. This can cause pain or bleeding on attempting intercourse.

If you are sexually active , use a lubricant gel like KY jelly which will reduce the friction and pain. Application of Diprolene ointment (betamethasone dipropionate (0.05%)over the foreskin attached sites may release the attachment over a period of a month. However the definitive treatment for such an anomaly is by Circumcision, a minor surgical procedure.

Consult a Urologist who can examine you, grade the condition and plan one of the suggested management suitable to you.

Hope I answered your query.Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.