For what condition is Singulair prescribed and is it a serious concern?

My son is under treatment of cold,cough & fever since 17 nov. During the treatment he became healthy,but after 4-5 days again cold-cough starts & remain for 1-2 days.Three times i have visited the doctor & my doctor prescribed me augmentin,allercet, tixilis,phenargen,nycoril etc.Yesterday i took my son to specialist.That doctor took his blood for CBC,ESR & Ig-E.Also he took his x-ray.I got X-ray report as normal.Still blood reports are pending.He has started treatment of Brozeet & Singulair 4 mg,augmentin.What will be your suggestion & for what reason he has started Singulair.IS it really worrying.Plz tell me.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. It is common for toddlers to have repeated respiratory infections due to exposure to different kinds of infections and allergens while playing with othere kids or in day care because of low immunity. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Continue with medication as prescribed by your pediateician. Singular is monteleukast which is mast cell stabliser and is totally safe in children. Btozeet has expectorant with antiallergic. I also suggest you to: - give him balanced diet so as to increase his immunity -use XXXXXXX leaves boiled in water and give him daily . -avoid all kind of junk food items. -regular hand washing should be practised. -look if there is any precipating factor like fumes/dust/animal dander etc and try to avoid it. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question I would be glad to answer. Wishing your baby good health. God bless....
Follow-up: For what condition is Singulair prescribed and is it a serious concern? 27 minutes later
Thanks a lot Synthyia madam, you have answered my query.My next question is ,My son is now 3yrs 5 months old.But his wieght is only 10.3 kg & height is 3 feet.My regular doctor says that he overactive so ignore about his weight.We are also experiencing his overactiveness in his behaviour.But still we are worrying about his health.He is eating everything veg,nonveg,egg,fruits etc..Plz. suggest me his diet plan so that it will help him to build his body & increase his weight.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 2 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Average weight at 3years is 14 and height 95 cm. Since your child is active so nothing to worry. His hyperactive nature will settle as he grows. Regarding diet give him balanced diet comprising of cereals,pulses,fruit,vegetables,salads,milk and milk products,non veg and eggs. Add ghee and butter to his meals. Give nuts. As I mentioned a big NO TO ALL JUNK. Hope this helps.Let me know if I can help you further. Take care.